Saturday, September 12, 2009

What do you mean, where have I been?



Ha Ha Ha Ha.... just kidding. I know it's been almost 2 weeks but I do have a pretty good excuse for m.i.a.
I had to get ready for.... and then go to a fabulous fun quilt retreat!
Before getting to retreat I had to make this quilt. Our fearless retreat leader challenged us to make something with charm packs she gave us last year. Not being one to rush into things, I got the top done 3 days before I left. I quilted it on retreat and it will be given to a charity of her choice. I'll get the binding on tonight.
I ended up packing about a months worth of projects to work on. This fun coffee themed fabric by Audrey Jeanne Roberts (studioefabrics) and the coffee bean fabric from Robert Kaufman are going to become place mats for gifts, shhhh... they haven't been mailed yet so I can't say who they're for.




Then we had to go out looking for a green bra....
and this is what we found. Why it only has half of a smiley face I don't know.


No ~ I didn't get a sudden urge to wear green. I decided to make an "artful bra" for a breast cancer fundraiser my friend is sponsoring at her art gallery in Wisconsin Lakes Fine Art. If you want to join in, check out the link for info. I will show you the finished bra in a few days. I still have a few finishing touches to add.
There were 19 of us at this retreat and we all accomplished a lot, a lot of giggling that is.
Check out this beautiful quilt top that my friend Cathi finished. Can't say that I would have had the patience to add all those tiny black strips. She's a fan of Southwestern design and so chose fabric that resembles turquoise. It's a stunning quilt.




More to come soon.........

No comments: