Sunday, September 19, 2010

how to traumatize a quilter - day two

Did you really think I was going to stop at day one???? (see my August 24th posting if you missed day one of how to traumatize a quilter)

I find this is becoming a very cathartic experience. Today I also began the process of starting anew by choosing the fabrics for the quilt that will supplant the %#@* quilt.

In the meantime my DH was helping out his nephew by working on his truck. I think they put new rotors on or something to that effect. I'm usually the go-fer for my DH when he has a big project going on. In this case he had a helper but I wanted to contribute somehow so......


I let him borrow the %#@^* quilt to lay on while he worked on the truck.
I figured it would be much more comfy than the concrete driveway- don't ya think?


Hmmmm, not sure if that grease is going to come out.  Now ask me if I care- LOL
I am feeling more liberated by the day!
Do you ever feel the need to liberate yourself from a bothersome project?????


 I returned to my studio and continued pulling some fabrics from my stash. Here's what I have so far....



If you want, you can stitch along with me as I go.  It's a great stash busting project and you'll have a cozy little quilt in time for the chillier days ahead or to donate to your favorite charity. If you're worried you won't keep up, rest easy. I have a lot going on right now and this isn't going to be done at a lightning pace. I'll  be posting the yardage needed this week.


Next I'll be cutting the fabrics and...... who knows what else!



No comments: