Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quilt retreat wrapup

Back home from another exhilarating quilt retreat and I have finally made some time to download the few pics I took to share with you.
 Welcome to quilt retreat.....
Here's a stunning Southwest style quilt that Brenda was working on....
This is a lovely wall hanging that Marcia started. It is Brodiere Perse applique and done by hand as that is her favorite method.....love the fabrics. She had  moved away from the area but flew in  to join us at retreat.  It was so nice to have her there again.

Jo was busy making quilts  to donate to the Women's Shelter.....Hooray for Jo!

Betty was busy free motion quilting this King size quilt for her home.... she does awesome free motion quilting.

Marlene made this whimsical kitty quilt.... it's so Marlene!

We celebrated Cheryl's (center) birthday and she shared the spotlight with other "near" Birthday friends (Bonnie, Jo, Cheryl, Sandra, Linda) and we all helped them get rid of the cake LOL

Karen whipped up this very cool mini quilt for the mini quilt auction out guild holds annually.
For someone that doesn't paper piece she did fabulous! I will be bidding on this one....


Ferne was working on this very pretty Kaleidoscope quilt.....I love the colors.


Sandra was busy making mountains of 9-patches for a king size quilt..... She got them all done too.


Nancy made this striking red and white quilt ... my birthday is in November Nancy....


Another cute donation quilt by Jo.......


Cathi mentioned she wanted her hair trimmed so I told her I would cut it....she looks awfully worried don't you think???

Grace worked on this fabulous Kaleidoscope quilt......

Bonnie made this adorable Halloween Pumpkin.....

Karen took the plunge and made her first "art " piece....more on that soon......
 


As always the time flew by very quickly we stayed up too late, had ice cream every night, and laughed until it hurt. So all in all it was as it should be - fun.
Can't wait for the next one.
 I confess that on this retreat I was a lazy bones about shooting pics, but I was just having too much fun visiting with everyone and stitching. I had to remind myself to take pictures, so I guess I'm just not a born photographer like my dad is (my pictures speak for themselves).
At retreat I was paging through an issue of Artful Blogging that one of my BFF's brought along and that made my lack of blog skills all too apparent. Page after page show beautiful photos of adorable and inspiring things and bloggers are pouring out their hearts, sharing deep thoughtful insights and writing with exquisite style and grace.
Oh well, I will continue to share anyway and if it brings a smile to your face then that's going to be reward enough for me.
Wish you all could have been with us on retreat.

2 comments:

cathi said...

retreat was great fun! I wasn't all that worried about the hair--you did a great job! And I didn't take one picture at retreat--what is wrong with me???? You did much better than i did!!!

Kwiltsfl said...

Retreat is the highlight of my year!!! So much fun. You have great photography skills. I happen to know you fooled a photographer into thinking one of your black and whites was by Clyde Butcher!!! :)