Wednesday, November 17, 2010

something's missing....

OMG - I am so sorry. The blog post for assembling the quilt blocks did not post as scheduled and I guess that could make this stitch-a-long a bit challenging, don't you think? Thank you so much Penny for calling it to my attention. Now I have to go wash the egg of my face.

Here is the missing post for assembling the blocks and sashing:

Now we get to put the rows and sashing together and it's going to start looking like a quilt.

Make the block rows as follows...
There are 2 row settings,

Row 1 setting (make 2 of row 1)
Row 1 uses 2 of the single 4-patch blocks, one of the double 4-patch blocks and two of the 8-1/2" strip pieced blocks.
Set them together as shown below and pay attention to the placement of the dark (red) squares.



Row 2 setting (make 2 of row 2)
Row 2 uses two of the double 4-patch blocks, one of the single 4-patch blocks and 2 of the strip-pieced blocks. Again, pay attention to the color placement.


Stitch the rows together beginning with row 1 . Add a sashing strip, but note the placement of the 4-patch placement in the sashing. (circled in photo)

 Add a row 2. Continue adding rows and sashing alternately and note the position of the squares in each sashing row (circled in photo).



TA-DA! ....the quilt top is assembled and next we will move on to adding the borders.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

It's okay...we've all worn egg at one time or another :) LOL! Thanks for the rest of the info.

Penney said...

Yay! Thank you, Linda. I was hoping it wasn't me. Now I can get back to work.