Monday, March 21, 2011

a new perspective....and a sad note

I think I need a time management expert to move in. With work (yes I work outside the studio too), designing, writing, sleeping, shipping, eating, socializing, and gardening, I must shamefully admit my blogging has suffered.
I had such high hopes that I would be able to keep a steady flow of interesting posts for you. There are days that I just don't grab the camera and find something to share. Perhaps I'm putting up my own roadblocks in thinking that I need something really special to share, and quite frankly, some days I am just too tuckered out. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

However, I am going to redouble my efforts because I do enjoy connecting with you all and even though I touch base on Facebook, I still like the journal quality that a blog offers.  I enjoy visiting other blogs (when I steal some precious me time) to bask in all the creativity out there.
So anyway.... just to keep from getting bored I decided to shoot some video's to share some tools, techniques, and maybe some squirrel play too. We'll see, those squirrels are pretty quick!
So, hopefully in the next week or so you'll have a video to critique. LOL - what am I thinking!
Anyone know a good director or better yet a screenwriter :)



Oh - speaking of squirrels. Sad news to report in squirreltown - our poor little squirrel Spot has passed away. She has been hanging around our yard about 5 years and she had gotten quite old. She had cataracts and was bumping into things. She would come up on the deck each morning and evening for a bite to eat and would sit at our feet so the other squirrels wouldn't chase her. Toward the end she was losing her fur and would sleep out on the tree limbs in full daylight, an easy target for the hawks. Thankfully, no hawks swooped down on her and we assume one morning she just didn't wake up. We miss her visits to our deck, she was such a sweet little squirrel. This is one of the last pictures I got of her a few days before we didn't see her again.
r.i.p. Spot the squirrel




2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I made a few very short sewing/crafty just-for-fun movies recently and I loved doing it but each one took me forever. I'm looking forward to seeing yours! I agree, FB is nice but the journal aspect of a blog is special.

Unknown said...

R.I.P. Spot
She was so sweet!