Tuesday, August 27, 2013

time for a quickie....

I don't know about you, but every so often it's refreshing to make something that can be finished in minutes, instead of days ...or weeks....or months.
Much of my pattern design is a long multi-step process, as are the memory quilts I make for clients.
A lot of thought and stitching goes into them and it takes attention, concentration and commitment.
So, as a treat I really enjoy those quick, but darling, little projects that are done and done in a jiffy and don't create a large quiltnado in the process.

This is a little Christmas table runner I made for my Sister-in-law, don't worry she's already seen it.  I've already gifted it to her so she can put it out ahead of Christmas. It is the "ten minute table runner" that has been around for quite some time, but it is so fun to make. See the link below for PDF instructions if you need a quickie......



As you can see in this closeup, I added red  jumbo rick-rack to each end of the runner.


This pattern was written by LaRae Brunnell Clark and the pattern was shared by the Utah State University Weber County Extension. here is the link.
http://delawarequilts.com/10-minuteTableRunner.pdf

No comments: