Sunday, February 19, 2017

Happenstance Quilt Hexies

Here we are in 2017, and no, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I've fallen off my creative  groove. I guess it's only normal for that to happen now and then. Maybe it's winter.......

maybe it's this darn cold I have......anyway, I'm not going to dwell on it. Instead, I've decided to dive into a project.
Not that I don't have a few in the works LOL don't we all? This bout of doldrums calls for starting something new.
I was pondering a small wool hexi quilt. Hmmmmm, I went into my stash and dug out some pretty pastel colors to help chase away the gray of winter.....
I gave them a quick wash and dry so they'd be ready in the morning.



First I had to get breakfast out of the way so my empty tummy wouldn't interrupt me.
Then I figured I'd fire up the printer to print out a small hexi to make a template. (I really need to get a hex n' more ruler) anyway,  I guess I was on the right track to start with breakfast.
As happenstance would have it......I grabbed the cereal box, and there, right in my hand, was the hexi I was looking for. You just never know where  you'll find inspiration, or tools!
After I finished breakfast, I quickly set to cutting out my hexi's and headed to the studio to play.





1 comment:

Warm Quilts said...

It really does pay to have breakfast each morning, doesn't it?! What a great find.