Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Eye candy


Happy Easter everyone! I figured we're all getting enough sugary sweets today..... so I decided to share some eye candy with you. These were taken at the Naples Botanical Gardens. We went there recently while my parents were visiting. This first pic is of the wall you see from the parking lot to the entrance and the blooming bougainvillea were just incredible. I just love the colors against the bright green wall.



These arrangements were hanging in the children's garden, depicting how one can recycle cast offs into planters - like these cute planted totes.


This large mosaic was a new addition to the garden and is just so striking and so quilty! Don't you think?
I wonder if the artist could have been inspired by a quilt?







I just loved the happy little group of flowers. I tried getting some butterfly pictures in the butterfly house but they were NOT cooperating.
But they were beautiful.



Oh-oh!  I snuck some sweets in here after all....
My dh commented at Christmas that I needed to make sugar cookies more often and so for Easter I made him some....of course he's nice and sharing them with me :)









This was a stone pillar of an arbor in the Carribean section of the gardens, I'm not sure what the vine is ... but it is such a beautiful shade of lavender.


I hope you all have an egg-stra special Easter, whether it's with a crowd or by yourself - Rejoice!
 John 11:25-26   Happy Easter!


2 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Easter to you, too. Love the photos..

Naples Botanical Garden said...

We're so glad you could visit the Garden! To answer your question, the lavendar colored flowers on the stone coral pergola is called petrea and will eventually climb all the way up the columns.

Hope to see you back soon. Thanks for sharing these stunning pictures!