Saturday, March 21, 2020

Stitching your way through the pandemic

It's National Quilt Day and it almost got past me. Oh my! Yes, besides updating the tutorials here on my blog, it has been way too long since I've posted. I am ashamed to say that it took a horrid pandemic to spur me on.




That said, I am going to forgive myself for not doing it sooner.

You are most likely one of thousands upon thousands of people that are hunkered down at home. Sadly, perhaps you are out of work. Maybe you are working from home, and you may have children home from school too. Whatever your circumstance you may find yourself getting things done, or doing things you used to do a long time ago. You might be cooking more than you did, or taking more walks, playing games with your family, calling old friends, volunteering, maybe even sending notes via snail mail, and of course picking up that quilt project that you started some time ago. I just happen to have a few of those around. Hahahaha.  Whatever it is, you may be saying "why haven't I fit this into my life before?"
Well, we are a busy and active society.
It's all too easy to set aside some of the small and simple pleasures of a silly game, a call to friends, a family meal together, the appreciation of fresh air.
But, right now we are all on hold. We don't know for how long, and that's disconcerting, but when life begins returning to the way it was maybe we should try to keep some of those forgotten little pleasures in our lives. So forgive yourselves too when you find yourselves saying "why didn't I do this sooner?".  So, while we are all in limbo......dig through your quilt projects that are patiently waiting for you and take pleasure in your craft.
Stay well and be kind. Share your toilet paper 😂 We're all in this together.

No comments: