Saturday, February 13, 2010

Monkeying around

Today was a total goof off day. Started out with an early lunch with my BFF's  followed by a trip to Barnes & Noble where I ran into an old friend. I used to read about his adventures when I was little and so I was thrilled to see him in person...or should I say to see him in monkey? Does he look familiar to you?
My friends helped critique a small art quilt I have started and I am always grateful for their feedback and ideas. After a leisurely chat there it was then off to take a peek at a new quilt shop, and yes fabric was purchased. I found a really nice background fabric from the fusions collection by Robert Kaufmann. I got the vanilla colorway and I should have bought more than I did. Oh well, an excuse to go again?
Then I got home, bundled up in warmer clothes, and then me and my DH picked up some friends and headed off to the county fair for a night of fun and junk food. We had our first taste of deep fried Oreo's and oh yes - the are very yummy. I'm going to have to take an extra long walk tomorrow.
Tomorrow of course is Valentines Day and perhaps we'll go see Avatar before it leaves the big screen.
I heard it was a must see and we both like sci-fi anyway.
Goodness, with all this goofing off I'm going to have to put work double hard come Monday, but it's worth it..... life goes by quickly, so play like you mean it and have a wonderful Valentines Day doing something you love.

No comments: