Quilt Tutorials

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

groovy!

Hahaha
.... if you actually used the word groovy, along with 'far out''dig it'  and truckin'  extensively at one time, you're gonna love these snaps! Enjoy a stroll down memory lane :)

Far out!













groovy!
 by the way.... those are vintage suede boots, suede belt, tie dye t-shirt, headband, tank top and some of the jewelry - the hair is new LOL. I'm waiting for the snaps from my friends camera. I didn't have one with us at the downtown festivities. Shame on me, but I know she got some good ones. I'll share soon.

I'll also be posting more of the Stitch-a-long in the next day or two. If you want to see it from the start go to the September 20th posting. 

8 comments:

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOL!! Great pictures!! I remember (groan) way too well! thanks for the chuckle this morning!

Deja said...

Dear Linda, I have learned of you, indirectly, during a quilting retreat (my very first) which was a week or so ago in Shipshewanna, IN. While there a young woman showed me your marvelous Quilter's Q&A spiral-bound book and told me she keeps it by her machine at all times and that it has been an invaluable aid. I am a new quilter and I want to get this for myself...any suggestions where I might find it? I tried at several quilt shops in the area and although one gal knew it and had carried it she thought she couldn't get them anymore. So! I went straight to Google, found you and your 'groovy' set-up and now I'm hoping you will be my fairy Godmother and tell me how to obtain your 'masterly missive'! Looking forward to your reply, in threads and with a hug, Deja Lockood

Linda/Thistledown and Co. said...

Hi Deja and so glad you found me. Yes my Quilter's Q&A is out of stock but because I don't want you to be coveting your friends book I think I can dig one out of my stash for you. Hopefully I will do another printing in the near future. Send me your email to thistledownnews@earthlink.net and we'll make it happen :)

Linda/Thistledown and Co. said...

Joanne, glad you got a chuckle out of the groovy snaps!

SewCrazyAboutMachineEmbroidery said...

Ted and I loved the pics! We miss you guys and really wish we were closer!

cathi said...

you two are just too groovy for words!!! I love it!!!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures! You guys are really "far out"!

Pat said...

Oh Linda, these photos are too funny!