Thursday, September 17, 2009

So much more than a card



My friend Barb crafted this card to send me after showing her the GreenCraft magazine. When I pointed out the project I liked with the cardboard flowers.... look what arrived in the mail just days later! Isn't it adorable? It now has a home on a shelf in my studio. One day when I get my new inspiration board made (LOL) it will move there. Along with my mom, Barb is the queen of handmade cards. Of course these creations are so much more than a card. They are little pieces of art and expression. Made to be shared and then of course coveted and cherished by the recipients. Hmmm, sounds a bit like quilting doesn't it?

2 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The card is beautiful! Yes, kinda' like quilting - that's why I do both.

cathi said...

And I got a wonderful zentangle birthday card from someone!! HMMM-wonder who? I love it! It goes in the save area!!
cathi