Wednesday, November 25, 2009

delicious with a capital D




I harvested the first bunch of pole beans 2 days ago from my earthbox. They were plentiful, ginormous and delicious with a capital "D". I only planted about 6 or 7 seeds and at this rate they are going to swallow the neighborhood! I love it! There may be enough to harvest again by tomorrow for the green bean casserole for Thanksgiving Dinner.
The bell peppers are running a close second I must have about 9 or 10 peppers so far. Fajitas are going to be on the menu soon. Probably turkey fajitas - LOL

4 comments:

Kwiltsfl said...

Wow - what a bountiful harvest! Today I took out my sickly tomato and planted a new start in its place. I also harvested my lettuce plants and will put new starts in a few days.

Stitched With Prayer said...

OH, yum!!! Our harvest is long over but we did enough cannimg to keep us happy through the winter months. I do miss the fresh garden tomatoes on my table and sandwiches though. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

How were those turkey fajitas?! LOL I'd never grown a garden and thought next year to try one tomato plant to see how that goes. I love when friends bring me their gardens fresh vegies because of the over abundance. Yum!
Hope you had a wonderful turkey day!

Kwiltsfl said...

Quilt Hollow - you need an Earth Box. Check out earthbox.com It is how Linda and I garden. I had never successfully grown a garden, either.

Karen