Tuesday, May 3, 2011

rust never sleeps......

Hooray - Cathi just sent me her pix of her rust dyeing and she got some really cool results.
Tell me this one doesn't look like C3PO from star wars......


Cathi's C3PO?


I like these two a lot too......

Cathi got some good rust going here

Cathi's rust dyeing - to me, this one looks like fossils of long legged bugs.
Hopefully someday we will all do something with our rust dyed pieces -  right girls? LOL
 But if not, we had fun with it.
The next technique on the days agenda was stamping designs onto fabric. The really cool part was making the stamps. Cathi found these with these really cool foam blocks that you can create your own stamps with. They are called Magic Stamp by Pen Score.  You warm them about 30 seconds with a heat gun and then press them onto found objects to create stamps. If you don't like the design you just heat it up and try again.
This was a lot of fun......
Marti's stamps.... paperclips and asst. washers etc.
Karen at creative play......wearing her thrift store "smock"
Linda's toothpick stamp on a commercial fabric

I'll show you the results of this creative play in my next post. Sorry, but right now I am itching to head into the studio... or go to bed ??????   decisions, decisions.........

4 comments:

Pattie said...

That's pretty cool, I didn't even know you could do those type of things with rust!

Linda/Thistledown and Co. said...

Hi Pattie - I know, it's so cool what people come up with.

Kathleen said...

Love the different things you are doing. So, did you decide to sew or sleep?

Linda/Thistledown and Co. said...

Sleep won out this time around Kathleen.