Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tropical Toucan



Gosh, guilty again. Has it been another week? Well, I've sent my Toucan off on it's way to Quilt Market.
Sorry the pic isn't better. I was in a hurry and both the lighting and the perspective were not the best. I had such a good time making this piece. I let the colors inspire me and also the request for something tropical. Other than that I just played around and decided on making the Toucan. I machine quilted the piece but instead of binding it I put a wavy blade in my rotary cutter ( okay, actually my husband changes the blades for me, I'm a klutz) and after I quilted the piece I just cut the edges through all layers. Yes, I did put batting inside but kept it away from the edges so it wouldn't show.
Then I sent hubby outside to cut some bamboo for the hanger. He's such a dear!
This weekend I'm starting a new project organizing system inspired by my mom.
It'll be fun ~ no really it will. You'll see.

4 comments:

cathi said...

Linda, I do love the toucan and the bamboo "hanger" is just perfect! Ok, what's next?????? You've always got something up your sleeve!
cathi

Kwiltsfl said...

He came out so cool - and the hanger is the icing on the cake...er, toucan! Is your new project something that will help organize The Abyss?

Linda/Thistledown and Co. said...

Thanks and I'm glad you like the toucan. Yes, I always have something else up my sleeve and yes the organizing project will help organize anything! Even your "Abyss"

Ann Ferguson said...

Hi Linda- hopefully this is not too far back for you to read it- but I love the Toucan and the bamboo felt looks brilliant to sew.
Ann.