Sunday, May 17, 2009


Well, I decorated my project jar and got to thinking...
Maybe I need 2 project jars. One for around the house projects and one for the studio.
Heaven knows I have enough projects for 2 jars at least!
So I grabbed another jar and decorated it. This time with some of the Bamboo felt I have.
I still need to decide which will be my studio jar and which the household jar. Guess I'll flip a coin.
I cut up some paper strips from hot pink and bright orange and started writing my projects on the strips of paper.




Oh my gosh, I'm going to be busier than I thought. I did put some fun things in though, like hand quilting, hand appliqué, going shopping, napping... no I didn't put napping in, although I was tempted. Knowing that I have a chance to pull out something fun to do from time to time I am hoping that I won't shy away from my jars.
You know, the old carrot and the stick routine.
At this point my studio jar has more in it than my household jar... hmmm, shows you where my priorities are at this point in time.



Now to the rules. They are actually quite simple.
1. When you have a chunk of time and you can't settle on a course of action, pick a project from the jar.
2. If you don't like what you picked, write your initials on the paper and put it back in the jar and pick another.
3. you can only do this once.
4. If you pick out a project that you had rejected (hence, initialed) once before you can't put it back.
That's it.

Thanks to my mom, my jars are ready and I'm going to give it a whirl and see if I can whittle down my list one project at a time.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Now the real trick is to prevent your other family members from adding to your jar.
I better hide the pink and orange paper.

2 comments:

Darlee said...

Very nice indeed! I love the colored paper you used for writing out your tasks.

And I think everyone should have an inspiration board. Great idea!

Darlee said...

Hi again. I just stopped by to say that your project jar idea inspired me to make one - today!