Tuesday, March 12, 2013

manatees and DST

okay.....are you or aren't you a fan of DST ?

Don't know about you, but I love Daylight Saving time. Probably because I am not really a morning person and so I don't mind if it's dark when I wake up.
I think the weather also plays a part.  This time of year in Florida, the weather is so beautiful in the evenings that having it stay light, longer, will be really nice.
The drawback to that is dinner gets later and later too.
We find ourselves puttering in the yard (or he in the yard and me in the studio) and before I know it, it's 7:30 or 8:00 and then I'm scrambling to get dinner on the table. Oh well, after a few weeks of disorder things get back into rhythm.

We recently had family come to see us, my sister-in-law and her hubby were here for a visit and we headed to Manatee Park in Ft Myers.
It was a very chilly day ( no really) and lo and behold there were lots of manatees at the park. The manatees frequent the area because it is the waterway that the power plant discharges warm water into. The manatees gather there for warmth when the other waterways get too chilly for them.

Just think, sailors long ago mistook these as mermaids. Just goes to show you how society's perception of body image has changed over the centuries....and I guess they didn't mind bald mermaids at that. Must have been out at sea a very long time.

Enjoy the extra daylight.....






No comments: