Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My bff entered her lovely quilt in our local guild show this past week. She made this for her hubby and named it..... Red, White and You. I love the quilt and the name she gave it.
It's a pattern by Minick and Simpson -  Chippewa nine patch. 

Karen added a piped binding that I really like.  She was very brave to try piped binding for the first time on a quilt this size, of course she did it very well.

I think her hubby was happy to finally get his quilt returned to him after it's public showing.

Congrats Karen, on another beautiful quilt finished!

This week we are took a free motion class with Betty New.  We are super fortunate that she lives here in our city, though she does travel to teach as well. She is an amazing award winning quilter and an awesome teacher as well. She really shares her knowledge in her classes and does make her students feel inadequate. She is very encouraging and kind. I took a class from her last year and was very happy to be able to attend this one Will show you what I accomplish...

Chippewa 9 patch ( Minick and Simpson) made by Karen Harris

piped binding - very nice!

No comments: